Thursday 7 May 2009

Welcome to Sewing Bee - Sewing Rooms


Some of you may already visit my other incarnation as chaincreative, the crochet blog. I love looking into the world of crochet; it's design and creativity, and I hope to bring the same view to sewing.

I've been sewing since I was a child and my mum taught me to always respect my work and never give it less than all my attention and care.


For the first post I thought I would take a quick peek at the power-house for much of this careful work! The sewing room. I'm very lucky to have such a room. Somewhere to stack all my fabrics, stash all the threads and bobbins and the space to cut and stitch. A wee bit crammed but at least I know where everything is!!! I based the rooms colours on the beautiful painted houses in Arles in the south of France. It always makes me feel particularly calm!




Not everyone is so lucky but I know that any space with peace and time can fulfill the same function. I spotted a few other such lovely rooms on flikr and wondered if anyone out there has a room to share.
These lovely rooms are from blossomhill cottons and wildlivekids. I love the jars of buttons! Just so...sherbety!

4 comments:

Aveen said...

Congrats on the new blog, Bee! Is that a Husqvarna I see on your table? It definitely looks a lot newer than mine!

Bee Creative said...

Thank you for the congrats, Aveen. Am I crazy???
Anyways, yes, it is a Husqvarna - Lily in fact with a few embroidery options. I just use it as a regular workhorse but some times it can be clever too!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to following this Bee...I learnt to sew before I could crochet and there are days where the hook has to be put down and the machine comes out...I live in hope of a dedicated sewing room !

Valerie said...

What a great sewing area. I think every crafter needs a dedicated space to create in. It's inspiring to be surrounded by fabric, ribbons, buttons etc, and there's a lot to be said for creative clutter.